Saturday, November 7, 2009

Lucille's Southern Cuisine

Hello to all my blog followers. Have been busy here lately and don't have the patience to fool with this computer but I thought I would catch you guys up to what's been happening.

Things on the job are going good. I told you my last post about us having to give up one day a month without pay. Well as bad as that is, I am making lemonade out of those lemons. You see, you don't get vacation time until you have been there a year...which sucks. Well guess what, now I have a day off every month. At least until March, so things sometime work out for you in a round about way.

Did not go to Bible Study this week. Went to Dad's and we watched the World Series.....go YANKEES! I don't get into baseball until the series starts. Always like the Yankees. My Mom was a die hard Orioles fan. Stevie took her and Dad to a game one time...man they took about that for the longest. They really enjoyed themselves. They had never gone to a professional baseball game before. Stevie took my camcorder so we have that on tape to remember that happy day for them.

Had choir rehearsal on Thursday. Rev. Lee had a family emergency in Georgia and one of former musicians, Billy Evans rehearsed with us. Billy don't play and he had us out before 8:30. Whoo Hoo! Went by Dad's because I had left Steve there. You know, it is so nice my Dad and Steve get along so well. My Dad tell people all the time he wouldn't take nothing for his son-in-law. Isn't that great when your family are on one accord. Everyone can not say that and it is sad. They miss out on so much and it is cause for so much tension come the holidays when family get together. I pray for those families.

Friday was Steve's birthday. Taking him out to dinner on Saturday so we didn't do anything exciting. Gave a sport coat for a present and bought him his favorite doughnuts from Krispy Kreme...chocolate covered Bavarian creme. We went to Arby's and ate and ate the doughnuts with Dad. Went home and cleaned the bathroom and kitchen, watched David Letterman and some of Craig Kilbourne and then went to bed.

Got up Saturday about ten of eight. Made my bed and then Steve and I left about 8:30 and hit the streets. We went to several yard sales and the flea market. Bought a practically new milk shake maker that was stainless steel and still in the box for $8.00 for Dad and I bought a metal colander for myself for two bucks. He is always making milk shakes in a cup. Went to the car wash, post office and the bank. Went to Dad's and showed him what I bought him. Got home about one. Cooked my collard greens for tomorrow and went outside while they were cooking and trimmed the box woods out front. Pulled up my begonias that the frost killed last night and then raked up the clippings. By then it was close to three and time to get ready to go out to dinner. Told Daddy we would be at his house by 4:15. Stevie, Linda, Babysis and Juiny Boy was meeting us at Lucille's Southern Cuisine on Laburnum for dinner.

OK...let me tell you about Lucille's. Every one who has gone has told me what they got and what was good, so we did not know what to order. Steve and I finally decided on the Seafood platter and Daddy and Babysis got the smothered pork chops. Linda and Juiny Boy got the Shrimp dinner and Stevie got the Crabcake dinner.
Let me start with the corn bread. They bring you corn bread as a pre dinner appetizer. This corn bread is like cake...it was sooooooooooo good. I could have eaten more, but wanted to save room for my dinner. I got Yams and everybody's Yams are not good. There's were delicious. The platter had Catfish, shrimp and crabcake. All of it was delicious and I could not eat it all there was so much. Daddy's pork chops were so tender, he could cut them with a fork. Steve said the collard greens were delicious. I have never been out to eat anywhere and everyone said they enjoyed everything thing. And guess what, they are opening another location on Brook Road near Wilkinson Road in the old Celebrity Room restaurant. You can guarantee, I will be back. My hat is off to Lucille's. I wish them all the success in the world. The next time you go out to eat, check them out, you want be disappointed.

We left the restaurant and went to Daynon's . I got him to pick a cake up for Steve. We sat around and talked for awhile and passed Kennedy from one to another and then we sang Happy Birthday and ate cake. Not much for me because I was still full. Daynon's friend Tre' Dickerson and Al and Tonia Campbell and their son AC came by. I held Kennedy for awhile and then Linda took her when it was time to be fed. We stayed for a little bit and then Babysis and Juiny Boy left and we left soon after them. I think Steve enjoyed his celebration. He got money, gift card, a two in pliers and a picture of Kennedy. By the way, she is still a peanut...LOL.

We got home about nine and I got in my night clothes. When I get off the computer, I am going to drink me a BIG glass of water and go to bed. Need to wash down all that I have eaten today.

Love you guys and keep on checking out the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. Have a blessed day.