Friday, December 25, 2009

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL












What a whirlwind week. I finally got all the shopping done. Went to Willow Lawn on Tuesday and Wednesday at Lunch time. Bought a Barbie ornament for Kennedy's stocking. I wanted to give her the first Barbie....LOL. I was off on Thursday so I got up early and got to Wally World around 7:30. Was not busy at all. Got out by nine. Came home put the groceries away and wrapped some things I bought for Steve. Made a vanilla pound cake and did some last minute cleaning. Steve and I went to the Post Office and then picked Dad up and took him to Texas Roadhouse to pick up some gift cards. We then went over to VA Center Commons. Steve had to get a gift card. There was a lot of people out there. Dad and Steve went to Sears to check out the tools. We left the mall and took Dad home and then I came home and took a nap. Had to sing at the Christmas Eve service at church so I tried to rest. Was really tired. Steve went over Dad's while I went to church. We had a candle light service. It was really nice. Rev. Lee's little girl sand Away In A Manager. She was so cute. We had a Mime perform and a baptizing. We got out about nine.




We to Dad's after church. Baby Sis and Juiny Boy came by. We started a tradition of opening gifts on Christmas Eve. We ate some ham and rolls, chip and dip, ice cream and cake. It was a impromptu get together. Babysis gave me a silicone baking sheet. Had never tried one before. Used it this morning for biscuits. It cooked great. Went home and went to be around 11:30. Got up at six and started the cooking marathon. Cooked bacon, sausage, fried apples, hash browns, pancakes, salt pork, biscuits and eggs.
The following came by: Stevie, Linda, Daddy, Steve's brother Thomas, Jr, his son Tommy,Daynon, Lynette, Kennedy, Lynette's parents Queen, Leonard, Steve's nephew Dickie, and Jason. We ate, opened gifts and set around and talked. Kennedy was a good little girl today. Of course everyone had to hold her. After breakfast, everyone opened their gifts. I love my gift from Lynette. It is a FM transmitter for my IPOD. Now I can listen to my music in the car. One by one, my guest started leaving and by 2:3o or so everyone was gone.
Jason was the last to leave when his Grandmother picked him up. He made out like a bandit as usual.
I cleaned up the kitchen some what and then sat down. I was tired. WE went over Dad's about five and we watched TV and ate some of DAd's great pound cake he made. Came home about nine and finished put all my food and dishes away. And instead of me getting in the bed, I am updating you guys. I had a blessed holiday but glad it is over. Tired of cooking, cleaning and shopping. Oh yeah and eating. At my job someone bought a baked good every day. They will need to put extra supports under our floor with all the food we have stuffed in our faces.
Would like to thank Daynon for finally adding to the blog. Check out his snow pictures. Maybe Stevie will add something soon.
Anyway, I hoped you all had a blessed day. And Happy Birthday Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. Have a blessed day.