Saturday, March 13, 2010

Did I lose my followers?

Oh my goodness...hadn't realized it had been so long since I blogged. Dealing with slow computers make you not want to get on them for any period of time. Let me see if I can catch you up on what is going on in my life.



Steve came down with a cold and lost his voice and in spite of the spraying of Lysol and sleeping in seperate rooms I ended up with a cold also. We still both have a little cough.



Because of Valentine's, bad weather and schedules, we did not get together and celebrate my birthday until Feb.28th. Since my daughter-in-law's birthday was the next Tuesday, we did a two for one. Steve, Daddy, Jason, Stevie, Linda, Daynon, Lynette, Kennedy, Babysis, Juiny Boy, Linda's parents, Trina and Tony and her sister Tonya all went to Lucille's for dinner. We went to the one Brook Road. I got the Seafood Platter, crab cakes, shrimp and catfish. Enjoyed that and they bought Linda and I a BIG slice of cake. We all went to Dad's for ice cream and cake and watched some of Michael Jackson's movie...This Is It.



On Friday, March 5th, we baby sat Kennedy while Lynette and Daynon went to a party of one of their friends who is getting married. It is amazing how fast she is developing new skills. She is a little Butterball now weighing fifteen pounds. We enjoyed her as always. Wish they lived closer to us.

On Sunday, March 7th, we went to Golden Coral to celebrate Aunt Shelia's husband, Uncle Hike's, 85th birthday. Steve, Daddy, Aunt Mary, Uncle Doc, Anthony, Aunt Yvonne, Uncle Irvin, Aunt Shelia and of course Uncle Hike was there. We had a great time.



We have been having pre-dedication activities at church for our new multipurpose building. The last three Wednesdays, we have been having worship service in the new building. It has been blessed. We are so blessed with all God have given us at Mt. Olive. Tonight we had family night. We were to have a christian comedian but she had to cancel at the last minute so we watched a DVD of Mr.Brown from Meet the Browns do his act. He was too funny. My Dad certainly enjoyed that and Steve and I laughed until we started coughing. Jason said he enjoyed it also. We all signed up to bring certain things. I took chips but they had subs, chicken, pizza and deserts. The kids had a WII game to play in the youth center, the seniors played dominoes, trivia and bingo and there was Who Wants to be a Bible Millionare. Everyone had a good time. We also had a mime to perform. He was excellent.

Whoever said you can't have fun at church have not been to Mt.Olive. We have fun in the name of the Lord.



Stay dry the rainy weekend. We are having our dedication service on Sunday and Bishop Michael Kelsey, our former Pastor is preaching.



Love you guys. Be blessed. And remember I love you and there is nothing you can do about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. Have a blessed day.