Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Older I get, the more I like winter

I have come to the conclusion that summer is not my favorite season. I love the idea of summer, cookouts, amusement parks, green grass, beautiful flowers and all the rest. But with it comes flies,bees,gnats,mosquitos and heat. I have gotten to the point that A/C is my friend. I want it at work and when that is not enough I have a fan on my desk. I have to have it in my car and when I go to sleep at night. My kids can tell you they use to have to suffer and crack the windows at night because I did not like to sleep with the air on. Boy have I changed.

Today was a 6:30 work day. Unfortunately, I did not go to bed at a decent hour last night and suffered for it. I closed my eyes for a second and before I knew it my boss walked up behind me. He startled me. Should be in bed now but it is hard for me to go to bed early.

Any way, because it was so hot today, I made sure I carried my lunch and carried my portable TV and ate and watch Y&R in the breakroom.

Talked to Daynon. He was on his way to the barber shop at lunch time.
Got off @3:30. Went straight home. Talked to Stevie on the way home. Hit the recliner and watched TV. Cooked dinner. Made a chocolate parfait for Steve. Went over Dad's and on the hottest day.....his A/C broke. He has had that unit 20 years or more so I guess it has served its purpose. It was HOT in his house and he was sitting in his leather recliner. The older he gets the more he likes the opposite of what I like. It is pretty much summer in his house year round. He only use to cut the air on when we are over. His TV is on the blink and now hus AC. Everything breaking down at once it seems.

Well after putting dads eye drops in, we headed home. Watching America's Got Talent. Going to bed once this goes off.

News flash!! Dad's neighbor came over and checked his AC and the fan was stuck, so he has air. Yeah!!!! Now he doesn't have to buy a new one.

Oh my dad is a good sport. Took some pictures of him that I will put in the slide show.

Be blessed!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. Have a blessed day.