Thursday, August 25, 2011

Birthday Celebration

On August 24th, 1973, I gave birth to a ten pound five and a half bouncing baby boy. We named him Steve Roger Smith, Jr. And know he is 38 years old. It seems like just yesterday when I bought him home to our Colonial Court Apartment. My daughter-n-law Lynette's birthday is August 25th so her and Steve celebrate together on Wednesday. Usually I do burgers and dogs or chicken. Switched up and fried swai fish. I live this fish and your house doesn't smell fishy when u fry it. We ate dinner and then the cake and ice cream. It was just my sons, their wives, dad and Kennedy. By 9:30 everyone was gone. I was tired. Sat down to rest for a while. Cleaned the kitchen. Went to bed. Was sleep twenty minutes......AFTERSHOCK. Pots and pans on my counter rattling. This is getting old now. And hurricane Irene on the way.....aaaah!

Today was a regular work day. Was going to work late but the sky looked a little ominous. Got home. Warmed up dinner. Sat down to eat and the sky opened up. Stayed in tonight and rested. Think I did too much the last couple of days because my leg started hurting again.

Jason had his first day of school today. He said it was amazing. Can't believe he is in the eighth grade.

Been playing Scrabble against Daynon online. I never beat him. Thought I had him tonight and we had a draw. :-(

Going to bed. Make sure u r prepared for the storm. Water, candles, batteries, portable radios and charged cell phones.
Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. Have a blessed day.