Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Fall is here!

Tuesday, September 28th
I love the fall weather. With the right jacket, this is the perfect weather.

Some of you may know that I had a part time job before my lay off. Because of unemployment I did not work because it would only be taken from my unemployment benefits. It sucks how the system works. You lose your job, they pay you benefits but not equal to what your past pay was. Now here is the kicker, you get a part time job to supplement the pay and they take that from your unemployment check. Sounds crazy to me but that is the system. Anyway, I started back working my part time job last week. I pretty much can work when I want to. I usually work two days a week as a telemarketer who does political surveys. So I worked last night. The night went by pretty fast. I work from 5:30 to 9pm. I sat beside a lady whom we started conversing. She was telling me about how her husband lost his job for two years and just started back in August. She was telling about how they were struggling before the lay off and it is even worst now. She told me how they had to get rid of luxury items like cable and cell phones. I told her that I knew where she was coming from but God was going to work it out. She told me that some days she did not even want to get out the bed. I told her prayer works and that God was going to send us what we needed. She told me her knees were hurting from praying but you know what they say “ He may not come when you want him but he always come on time”. I told her that God brought us thru so far and he will see us thru our comeback. But sometimes we want our blessings now, but God knows just when to send your blessings. I asked her what her name was so that I could lift her name up in prayer and I did. Sometimes you need someone to stand in the gap and pray for you. So pray for someone who know or love today. Well I came home and past out in front of the TV watching Dancing with the Stars. Watched The Young and the Restless and then went to bed.

Wednesday, Sept 29th
Went to work. Stopped at Hardee’s and got an egg and sausage biscuit because I had a coupon for 99 cents and I was out of cereal this morning. Won’t get the sausage biscuit again. It was good but something about some sausages when I get it at a restaurant I get a headache and feel bad. Something about the pork I guess. Anyway, I love there egg, cheese and bacon biscuits. No problem with those. Anyway, today was a good day at work. Stayed busy all day. Ate my lunch in the car and then walked over to our big building next door to see Lynette. Lynette is doing well. She went to the Doctors today and the Dr. said the baby was about four pounds. We have a lot of people in the company who are sick so the Dr. suggested she wear a Dr’s mask to keep from catching anything. I am getting a flu shot on tomorrow. I have never had one before. I have never been in a cubicle environment, so I thought I should do whatever is necessary to keep from getting sick. After I left Lynette, I walked around the block a couple of times and then my hip started hurting and then I went back to my car for the rest of lunch. The rest of the day went by fast. Stopped at Little Caesars on the way home and picked up a pizza. It was Wednesday. Watched TV for a little and then went by Dad’s and left Steve there and I went to Bible Study. Left church and then went to Dad’s. Stayed there until after nine and then came home. Watched Cougar Town, Courtney Cox’s new show and I am watching Eastwick while I am writing the blog. Will get to bed soon after the first fifteen minutes of the news.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. Have a blessed day.