Tuesday, October 6, 2009

My Mother always said 'Life is too short"

She was right. You make plans for your future, but we you never know how the next week, day or hour might turn out. My Uncle Doc was having a little discomfort and went to the doctors. The Dr sent him for a catherization and found a 90% blockage in his artery. Thank God he went to the Dr’s. Men sometime are stubborn about going to the Dr’s. Uncle Doc had no plans on going to the hospital getting and two stents inserted today that is for sure. The older I get realize that what Al Sharpton said at Bethany’s Men’s Day program and this is everyday above ground is a good day and we should cherish it. And what Mom always said "Life is too short". So enjoy everyday.

Well yesterday was Monday. Stevie goes to school on Monday and Wednesday mornings, so I called him and we talked until I got to work. Didn’t go to my part time job on yesterday. I can work when I want to but had things to do after work so I didn’t call in. Plus I was tired. Nothing extraordinary happen, went to work, stopped at Hawkes and picked up some fish. And you know what; they were out of Lake Trout. They had Whiting so I got that instead. Was good. The Whiting are meatier and less bones. Heated leftovers to go with the fish. Went to Dad’s and watched the Young and the Restless on Soapnet. Steve forgot to tape it for me. Watched Dancing with the Stars until after nine and then came home. Went to be after the news.

Tuesday morning I could not get a move on and so I was running a little behind this morning. Got to work on time. Talked to Daynon on the way to work. He told me that Eric and Tasha had their baby. It is a little girl and she was 8lbs and 14oz. She was a big baby. I think her name is Leah Alexandria. I know Tasha is glad to have that all over with. Work went OK today. Sat in my boss’ office for about an hour while he was training me on some things. The first time I have had any formal training since I have been there. Went to lunch and sat in my car and read the Sunday paper. The rest of the day went by fast. Called Dad on the way home and he told me about Uncle Doc. He also needed a ride to pick his car up at the service station where he got some work done to the car. So I headed to his house. Talked to Daynon and Stevie and told them about Uncle Doc. Picked Daddy up and then went home and picked Steve up. We dropped Daddy off and he headed to the hospital to see Uncle Doc. Wild horses could not keep him from the hospital. We thought we would not go tonight and wait to see him later. Steve and I went to Ukrop’s to eat. Tuesday night is eight pieces of chicken and a Pepsi for $6.99. We went to the one on Staples Mill Road. Found out that they had free Wi Fi so I got to check my email on my IPOD. Left there after we ate and Steve got his Bavarian crème doughnuts.

When I to home, I got my clarinet out and practiced on it. I was doing it every day but I have been slacking off. Stopped playing around eight and came watched TV. Steve likes to watch Shark Tank so we watched that and then Dancing with the Stars. About to look and The Young and the Restless and then I am going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. Have a blessed day.