Sunday, October 23, 2011

Fall to winter and back to fall

This week have been a two season week, fall and winter. Last weekend the weather was beautiful. But somewhere between those beautiful days and the great weekend we just had, therewere some chilly days. Not ready for old man winter yet. On Monday, Steve and I went to the mall. Wanted to get something else for Kennedy for her birthday. We bought a Sit n Spin and I wanted to get her a couple of outfits. Went to dad's after the mall. Went home.
Tuesday, October 18th was Kennedy Noel Smith's 2nd birthday. Two years!!! Can you believe it. We went to Lynette and Daynon's. They cook hot dogs and burgers on the grill. It was just family there. We had a nice time. Enjoyed the sweet potato fries Lynette made. Dad went to choir rehearsal so he didn't come with us. Got home after nine. Watched TV. Went to bed. Wednesday was a rainy and dreary day. Aunt Janice came to town. Dad and Steve picked her up at the train station. Then they went to visit Uncle Windsor. After work, Steve and I went over Dad's and hung out talking to him and Aunt Janice. Left about nine. Came home. Watched TV. Went to bed. Thursday, I went to work and then at lunch time I went to the oral surgeon for evaluation. Well the verdict is surgery on Nov 18th. He is going to cut into my gum and clean out the tisssue above my tooth. It is possible he may have to extract my tooth but I am going to pray on that. It sounds like a lot of fun. If any one want to take my place you are gladly welcome. ...LOL. Went back to work. Had choir rehearsal but my plans got changed. Dad called and said Uncle Windor's health had made a drastic change so we took him to see his brother. One time I told my dad I wished I had siblings and he said no I didn't because you have to see them die. I watched him as he rubbed his brother's shoulder trying to help make him comfortable and I sort of understood how he felt that way. But then I think of the MANY childhood stories I have heard if him and his siblings and he will have those with him always. He will have those memories I will not have because I have no siblings. Uncle Windor is unfortunately going to be gone soon and watching him made me think of my own dad. I have had my dad for 56 years and I wish I could keep him around 56 more. I don't know which is worse. Losing someone unexpectly like I did with mom or waiting around for someone's demise....I think they both are hard to handle. I pray for my aunt and cousins right now. Please pray for them also.
Friday came quick. Went to work. Went to dads. Watched TV went home. Saturday. Cleaned house. Went to yard sale at North Gayton Church. They had a fish fry. Bought two dinners. Went to dads. He was heading out to Laundromat. We stayed for a few. Went home. Finished work around the house and then napped. Went to dads. He had been to Uncle Windor's We watched TV. Came home. Watched TV. Went to bed.
Marathon Sunday. Because I did nt rehearse so I did not sing today. The choir sounded great. Left church. Came home. After talking to dad when I cane home, we executed a plan. We went to visit Twine who is a rehab facility. We went to Montpelier to visit Aunt Shelia. And or last visit was with Aunt Mary who is in a rehab facility. Left there. Went to KFC and then to Dad's. Aunt Janice and Aunt Margo's friend Becky came by. They had been at Uncle Windors. Becky Left and we stayed and finally left around 10;15. Came home. TIRED!!! going to bed. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. Have a blessed day.