Saturday, November 12, 2011

Hey hey hey

Boy I have been slacking. Didn't realize it's been two weeks. Since I lat blogged, the temperature has been like a roller coaster. Pretty much like the price of gas. Warm, cold and warm again. People all around me at work are coughing and sneezing. I stated a regimen of multi vitamins, fish oil for Steve and I and we got flu shots. Hope it works.

Just like the weather, life has it ups and downs. One week we were burying a loved one and the next weekend the family celebrated at a wedding. Nicole who is the daughter of my first cousin Tyrone Johnson married Chris Redd. The wedding was at St. Peter's and the was at the Hilton in Short Pump which was beautiful. The food was great and a good time was had by all.

Sunday, Nov. 6th was my husband Steve's 59th birthday. We celebrated with Aunt Margo and Janice and cousin Chandra. Man I hope I have their genes. They look good.Stevie and Daynon went to the 49'rs and Redskins game so we celebrated his birthday with them on Monday. Daynon Stevie Linda Lynette Daddy and Kennedy came. I cooked hot dogs burgers string beans and corn. I made a cake and we had ice cream. Always enjoy the family here.

The rest of the weekend was uneventful except for the fact my cousin Dorothy has to have open heart surgery vthis will be her fourth time. But I know God will bring her thru. Please keep her in your prayers. Was at her house today helping her do some things getting Christmas decorations up and helping her with her computer.

Tomorrow is Sunday. Men's day at my church.

Here is my notes from last Sunday
"When you are between a rock and a hard place"
Psalm 18 1-3 & 6

When you are in a uncomfortable ot compromising situation you are between a rock and a hard place
David was between a rock and hard place. David felt God was the following to him:

Fortress--a safe haven

No matter what you are going thru, put your trust in God. He is a problem solver. When you are trying to figure things out he has already worked it out. That is why we must trust God with ALL our heart and he will direct our paths. When we have storms we need to go to the rock and our rock is Jesus. Pray to God in your distress. He will hear your voice when you cant tell anyone your troubles . Just a little talk with Jesus and he will make it all right. You have not because you ask not. God is standing waiting and is able today. He is willing to aid you. He will carry you thru. When we pray broken hearts are healed. When we pray shut doors will be opened . When we pray burdens will be lifted and the sinners will be saved. What ever you stand in need of today, call on the Lord. He can not answer your prays if you do not call on him. Even when you are in a hard place still praise the Lord. Thank him for what he has already done and praise him for what he is going to do.

Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. Have a blessed day.