Friday, November 27, 2009

O Give Thanks!

Today was Thanksgiving Day. I have so much to be thankful for. I have a job, I have a beautiful grand daughter, two wonderful sons, two wonderful daughter in laws, a great father, a wonderful husband,extended family Jason and Marcia, a home, food on the table and wonderful friends and family. I could go on and on and on. I could never repay God for all he has done for me and my family. When I was younger, I use to hear people give their testimonies and I thought you only had a testimony when God bought you out of drugs or alcohol or some big tragedy in your life. But the small things in life are worth testifying about. Just waking up each morning is something to testify about. Do you know how many people did not wake up this morning? Plenty, but God gave us yet another day. I don't take anything for granted and I thank him daily. I know that it is God's grace and mercy that watches over me and my family. He has my back when no one else does. I hope you all know Jesus Christ as your Saviour and if you don't, it is never too late.

Did not have a lot of dinner guests this year, just my kids and their wives, Kennedy,daddy, Freda, Steve and myself. Kennedy slept thru her first Thanksgiving dinner. She woke up finally and Stevie feed her. I saw her smile during her nap. She was a good little girl today. Was not too fussy. Daynon's friend Shed stopped by. He had not seen the baby. Babysis stopped in to pick up Freda and stayed for a while. It was a nice holiday. I think the food turned out well. Every body ate plenty. The menu was Turkey (deep fried..the only way to cook it), stuffing, gravy, ham, string beans, collard greens, mac&cheese, candied yams, corn pudding, potato salad, rolls, coconut pie, chocolate cake and homemade ice cream. After dinner, we sat around and talked and then the card game started. They played deuces wild. I watched and coached Linda and Lynette. Daynon, Lynette and I played Black Jack. Babysis, Freda and Daddy left about 7:30. Stevie and Linda left to go see her family. Shed, Daynon and Lynette left around 9:30. I sat down and watched TV for a little bit and then cleaned up the kitchen.

I am taking advantage of the broadband stick that Stevie left here. It is so much faster than dial up. I have been checking my email, writing my blog, checking my Face book page, upload pictures...the works. Steve has already gone to be because he has to work tomorrow. Need to carry my but to bed. Wish I had money to catch the Black Friday sales....oh well.

Once again, thank you Lord for all you've done, all your are doing and all you are gonna do.

I'm out...love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. Have a blessed day.