Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Anybody got a boat for sale.

With all the rain we have been having, instead of a second car, we are going to need boats. I have never seen it rain so much especially in the winter time. The weather is so unpredictable the last few years.

Anyway, Saturday morning I got up about 7:15. Made by bed and start cleaning. Steve was already up watching TV in the den. Did the normal Saturday cleaning routine and then we left home around twelve and went to the Post Office and to the ATM. Needed to pick up some eggs at Wal-Mart ended up buying a whole lot more. Stopped by Dad's to visit with him since we were going to Sandston to baby sit. He was out in the yard blowing leaves. It was a little chilly out so I went in the house. Steve was looking at our front tire on our car and found a screw in it. He asked me to call Sears to see if we had road hazard coverage on the tires and I could not believe it, we did. I usually never buy any kind of extended warranty on anything but I did that time. So Steve went to Sears to get the tire fixed. I stayed at Dad's and watched TV. He came in later and watched TV with me. We watched National Treasure. Steve got back about 4:30, he had to wait a long time but the actual service only took a few minutes. Anyway, we left as soon as he got back and went home to change clothes to go to Daynon and Lynette's. We stopped on the way at Steve sister Irene's house. Had to give her Steve's share of the tax money for the land they have in Goochland. Stopped at Five Guys and picked up some burgers and then got gas and got to Daynon's a little after six. Kennedy was in the process of waking up when we got there. Lynette was still getting dressed when we got there so they did not leave immediately. Kennedy is going to be a night owl when she grows up, the girl does not like to sleep very long. She eats, stays awake for a bit goes to sleep for thirty minutes or so and then she is hungry again. She uses to have little pencil legs but she got little ham hocks now. The girl is putting the weight on. If she knew like we know, she would slow her roll....LOL. So we enjoyed playing grandma and grandpa and Mom and Dad got back about eleven or later. We got home about twelve. It had been a long day and I was tired when I got home. Immediately hit the bed after I put my chuck roast in the crock pot.

Woke up Sunday morning with the smell of Sunday dinner in the air. Had to sing at both services on Sunday so I wanted to get a head start on dinner. If it was not for the love of my Lord, I would have gone back to bed. It was so nasty out. Raining like cats and dogs. but I forge my way on. Pastor was still on vacation, so Associate Minister Rev. Jones preached at eight and Associate Minister Rev. Donna Mack Tatum preached at eleven. They did a good job. Church was a little thin. I guess some people melt in the rain.

Came home after the second service and fixed the rest of dinner and watched a little TV while it was getting ready. Put some sweet potatoes on stove to make pies after dinner. We ate dinner and then I started on the pies. Made four pies. Took one to Dad's, one in the fridge and two in the freezer. They turned out pretty good.

Went to Dad's after the pies were done. Stuck it in his fridge to cool down. They both seemed to like the pie. We watched Extreme Home Makeover and basically I cried for two hours as I always do. The people they chose are so deserving and I get so emotionally for them because I can not imagine someone doing all that they do for those people. A brand new home and a lot of them hardly have anything and spend their time and money helping others. God bless ABC and all the people who do those projects for the people in need. We came home and watched the interview with the Obamas and Oprah and then went to bed.

Today is Monday
Went to work. Went to Willow Lawn at lunch time and picked up a few gifts. Daynon stopped at my job to pick up the cleaning we forgot to give him on Saturday. We had cake for one of my co-workers whose birthday was today. Came home and heated up dinner. Jason and his Grandmother came around six, he had rehearsal today. Carried him to church, went to the ATM and then to Family Dollar and then to Dad's. Steve went and picked Jason up around 8:30 and bought him back to Dad's. First thing he said when he walked in, "I'm Hungry". Dad had fried chicken that he took to Uncle Windor's. Sunday was Uncle Windor's 85th birthday. He is my Dad's oldest sibling. But b/c it was raining so on Sunday, all the siblings waited until today to go celebrate with him. Anyway back to Jason, he ate the chicken and still said he was hungry. WE left Dad's and stopped at 711. He got doughnuts to eat. Came home, made sure he got his shower and then ordered him to bed. I watched the Young and the Restless, the news, David Letterman and a little of the Late Late show with Craig. It is nine after one and I am feeling tired. Have the day off tomorrow but have to get up early to take Jason to school....ugh. Have a Dr's appointment tomorrow. Thank God for health insurance.

Going to bed now. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. Have a blessed day.