Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year, New Decade, New Attitude

2010---A new decade. I am not sure exactly what this year will bring but I have good intentions of making changes in my life. Mentally, Spiritually, Physically, and Financially. I am not going to make resolutions, I want to life changes. Watch out 2010...I am going to be like Diana Ross....I'm coming out....and not out the closet...LOL.

Well Saturday, was my Dad's 82nd birthday and Sunday was Jason's 12th birthday. So we had a party. Had deviled eggs, cheese, crackers, meatballs, mac and cheese and chips. Just the standard party nick knacks. The guests were as follows: Jason, Jason' s grandmother Marcella, Grandfather Tom, Baby Sis, Juiny Boy, Stevie, Linda, Lynette, Daynon, Kennedy, Twine, Uncle Doc, Aunt Mary, Stevie's friend Jonathan, Jonathan's wife Heather, Jonathan's mother Debbie, Daddy, Steve and I. I made a red velvet cake for Jason and a chocolate frosted yellow cake for Dad. The red velvet cake was the hit. It was my first time I made a red velvet cake. It is now my favorite. We sang happy birthday and they opened their cards. Dad said he only wanted us to give him Scratch off Lottery Tickets. Daynon gave him a $20.oo ticket, he won nothing. Stevie gave him four $5.00 tickets, he won $10.oo. I gave him ten $2.oo tickets and he won $26.oo. He had fun scratching. After everyone left, I cleaned up and sat down and watch TV for a few. Sent Jason to bed and then I got ready for bed.

Sunday morning, Jason's choir had to sing, so I got him up for church. It was cold out there. Came home after church and started packing Jason's clothes. Fixed him something to eat. Found some keys, found out they were Stevie's, so we took Jason to his Grandmother's and then met Stevie at his T-Mobile store to give him his keys. Left there and went to Willow Lawn b/c Steve had to exchange his shoes I bought him for Christmas for a larger size. Left there and went home. Warmed up leftovers for dinner and started taking the Christmas decorations down. After dinner, we went to Dave and Busters to meet Jason but he changed his plans after he and his friends left the movies and went to Johnnie Rockets to eat. So we went to Best Buy on Broad St. to return a FM transmitter Lynette gave me for my IPOD. I was having problems with it. They did not have a replacement so they gave me the money for it. Left there we went to the Best Buy on Brook Road and they had the same transmitter. Left there went to J.C.Penny's and then to Wal-Mart. Picked up a few things and then went to Dad's. Stayed over there until 8:15. Dad, Steve and I were all asleep in front the TV, so I decided to go home early. Came home and guess what...no longer sleepy. Took the rest of the Christmas decorations down, watched a little TV then went to bed.

Today I went to work. Came home, cooked dinner. Took Steve over Dad's and then I went to church to a call church meeting. Got back to Dad's about nine. Watched TV until 9:30 and then came home. And that is my news update.

Hope your New Year is going well.!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. Have a blessed day.