Wednesday, February 24, 2010

You haven't missed much.

Hey what's up? You haven't missed too much in the life and times of Denise Voncell Johnson Smith. Last Friday the 19th was my Aunt Marion's birthday. She is my great aunt, and the sister of my Mom's mother. She lives in New York. She will not tell anyone her age but let me tell you, God has definitely blessed her. She is able to still get around and do what she wants and drive herself. Just driving in New York to me is a feat at any age...LOL. Dad and I called and talked to her. She got the cards we sent her on her birthday...Yeah Post Office.
We talked to her for a good little while and I talked to my cousin Linda, her daughter. She said they might come to visit. It will be great to see them.

Saturday, Steve and I went to a yard sale at the Mason's Lodge on Mountain Road and then we went to a Estate Sale on Woodman Road. Didn't stay out too long because a guy was coming to work on Steve's truck at noon. This dude showed up closer to four. Messed our whole day up. He put a power steering pump in only to find out that was not the problem. A wasted day for sure. We went over Dad's and watched TV.

Sunday I went to church and then went home to make mac and cheese for the soul food dinner we were having at church. Because my oven was broke, Steve and I took the mac and cheese to Dad's to cook it. After it was finished, we left for church. The dinner was immediately after the eleven o'clock Service. We got there before church let out and I found myself volunteering to help and I helped put the food out and helped serve for a little bit. We had a lot of food. Each person was to bring a dish to serve twenty people. We had fried chicken, baked chicken, chicken n dumplings, ribs, cabbage, collards, black eye peas/stewed tomatoes, mac & cheese, corn pudding, potato salad, pig feet, ham, carrot souffle, rice pudding, macaroni salad, corn bread, rolls and more stuff I have forgotten. It was a nice dinner. We finished around one thirty and the evening service did not start til three, so Steve, I ,Babysis and Juiny Boy went to Dad's and hung out. Juiny Boy went took a nap and we talked. Went to leave around 2:45 and Dad showed up. We left and could not convince Dad to come with us. Larry Bland and the Volunteer Choir were in concert. The concert was blessed. Left church and went to Uncle Doc's. He was having a dinner for his grandaughter Shante's birthday. Steve ate...AGAIN. We sang happy birthday and ate cake and ice cream. Stayed there until eight and then went to Dad's. Watched The Amazing Race and then went home.

Monday-Jason came over for rehearsal. went to Dad's. Came home.

Tuesday-Took Jason to his grandmother's. went to work. came home. cooked dinner.went to Dad's. came home.

Wednesday-went to work. went to Mr.Submarine and tried a sub there. The Chicken sub was great. Will definitely be going back. Went home. Ate dinner. Went to the pre-dedication service at church that was held in the multipurpose building. My choir sang. Pastor Thompson preached. There was an author there and a she was signing her book...forgot her name. There was door prizes. The service only lasted about an hour. There was cookies and punch also. Came home, watched American Idol.

Now you have been caught.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. Have a blessed day.