Tuesday, November 9, 2010

There was a birthday!!

Well let's see, took Jason to his Grandmother's on Thursday am. Went to work and Friday finally came. Hung out at Dad's watched TV. Got up Saturday morning. It was Steve's 58th birthday. Daddy, Daynon, Lynette, Kennedy, Linda, Stevie and Jason came over around 3:30. I made a cake and got pizzas. We ate pizza, ate ice cream and cake and they left early. Stevie had to go to work and Daynon and Lynette had another engagement. We went over Dad's later and Jason, Dad and Steve played dominoes. I all of a sudden had chills and was feeling yucky, so I hit the sofa and went to sleep. Came home around nine. Went to the 8am service at church and then took Jason to get breakfast and then took him back to church b/c he had to sing at 1l
Church got out at 12 b/c Pastor was preaching in NC and my choir was going also. Did not sign up to go b/c of other obligations but things did not work out and I could have gone after all. Anyway, went back at 12 and picked Jason up. We were heading home when a giant dump truck came to a stop sign, did a rolling stop and then pulled right out in front of my car. I laid on the horn as I was standing on the brakes to make him stop but he never did. I just knew we were going to hit him. We skidded to the right and missed him by a hair. Scared Jason and I to death. Jason gave me my props and told me I was cool. We came back home and I still was feeling good so we just chilled. Picked Dad up around three and we went to Texas Roadhouse. Met Juiny Boy and Babysis there. We enjoyed their company and we got the folkes at Texas Roadhouse to give Steve a country Hee Haw for his birthday. My appetite was not very good and carried some of my dinner home in a box. Carried Jason home. Went to Dad's and I fell asleep. Have been feeling real listless. Went to work, coughed, sneezed, snorted, blew my nose...the works. I am sure they were sick of me. Not to be gross but some green stuff was coming up when I cough and when I blew my nose. When I woke up on Tuesday, felt like crap. And not I sound like Froggy from the Little Rascals. Did not go to work today, I am sure they were happy, Called the Dr. Went in about 3:30. She did a Strep test...negative. She says it was probably a virile infection and told me to take Mucinex and Tylenol extra strength. I got my flu shot. Went to Walmart and got the meds. Came home ate dinner and chilled. Bout to go to bed now. Hope I am feeling better tomorrow.

Get your flu shot, take vitamins and eat well this winter and stave off these nasty bugs.

LOVE YA'LL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. Have a blessed day.