Friday, August 19, 2011

Living for the weekend

People work hard all week trying to get to the weekend. Some because to them its party time. Some just to rest or do house work. But I found out when I wasn't working, weekends don't have the same impact. You lose track of what day of the week it is. You don't watch the clock. Basically, I got a taste of what retirement feels like and it felt good. I pray that God blesses me to one day live that retired life and I pray the same for you.

I got up early this morning and got to work about 7:30. My leg is still acting up. Can't wait until I go to the Drs on Tuesday. Just when I get confident to put pressure on it I get that twinge.
The morning went by pretty quick. My coworkers love to go out to lunch and twisted my arm to go with them to Lee's. They didn't have to twist too hard. Love Lee's Chicken. The four enjoyed talking and eating. One of our coworkers Dee was out today. The rest of the day went quickly. I stayed until 5:30 to help out our Breakdown Department with accident reports. Ran into a road block on the way home at Laburnum and Hermitage. Some Guy had barricaded himself in a house the news said he had mental problems. Stopped to pay a bill on the way home and hit the recliner hard. Was sleepy. Did not feel like going out or cook so Steve went to Little Caesar's and got pizza. I know twice this week. Not the thing to eat if you want to lose weight. I had the GREEN HORNET on DVD from Netflix so we, excuse me, I watched it. Movies are like sleeping pills to Steve. He never sees a whole movie. I did enjoy the movie. I cut the lights down, turned on the surround sound and enjoyed my "theater" experience with my floor model TV. LOL. One day I will get that big screen. Watching David Letterman now. Getting sleepy. Think I will go to bed. Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. Have a blessed day.