Saturday, September 26, 2009

Remember Friday nights.....

Friday night. Date night. Boy do I remember those days. Had to find the best outfit to wear, had to get the hair right. Oh yeah, I remember cleaning the house for Mom so I could have company over that night. Boy oh boy. Friday nights were exciting back then. Now we just go over Dad’s…whoa…how life changes when you get older. But why? We are the same people we were when we were young, just a little wiser. Don’t we still want to have fun and enjoy life when we get older? I do…my Aunt Marion who lives in New York and has lived there over fifty years or more said she could never move back home her in VA and watch her life molt away. I started thinking about that thing, people who stay active live longer but for some reason people think when you get a certain age you have to slow down. Now please believe me, I know life does slow you down physically because of health issues but it shouldn’t stop you. I think I am going to start a new lease on life…well in a sense I have started by getting out and meeting new people at the PoKeNo game I go to monthly. I am going to find new interest and try new things. Those are the things that make life more interesting. When Kennedy comes she will help Fridays be exciting again. Jason use to but he has dissed us since he has been back from Germany. That turkey has not been over here since he has been back. Daynon tells me that he has outgrown us, I hope not. Anyway,Friday nights got you all excited because you did not know where the night would lead sometimes.
We need to get the Friday night mentality back..LOL.

Anyway, Friday was a busy day at. Every Friday is pay day at Estes. Went to the bank and went to Lee’s and got their chicken breast strips and potato wedges. Lee’s Chicken might be the death of my diet. Love their seasoning they have on the potato wedges and chicken. And the biscuit….ooooooo so fluffy. I was sitting in my car salivating over my lunch. Ahhh!!! I just had a flashback. Went back to work and the day went by fairly fast. Our new supervisor starts on Monday so they were getting her desk together. Left work and went straight home. Came home and watched the news and then went to Food Lion to get snacks and rolls of nickels to play PoKeNo. Went to McDonald’s and grabbed a bite then went to Dad’s. We played PoKeNo until nine and then sat and talked for a while. Came home and watched The Young and the Restless. Stayed up and watched David Letterman. He had Bruce Willis and L.L. Cool J on there. Like them both so I did not go to bed until 12:45.

Got up this morning about 7:50. I pulled all my fall flowers out last night and change them in the flower vases and put them on the cabinets and in my bay window. Planned to sing at a funeral today but my Dad bought my cousin over to exterminate for insects. He left about 11:15. The funeral was at 11 so that was that. Came in the house to finish my blog and my house work. Have to sing at Centralia Baptist Church at two today. So I’m out for now. Holler back at you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. Have a blessed day.